This track includes three full days of content:
- Rail Freight
Wednesday, September 15th
- Rail Equipment
Thursday, September 16th
- REF Conference – Fall Update
Friday, September 17th
This track is recommended for:
- Investment firms (Private Equity)
- Suppliers to the Rail industry
- Major shippers who own their own assets
- Intermodal carriers
- Shortline networks
- Freight demand has stayed strong longer than expected and currently exceeds pre-pandemic levels. Will this pull railcars out of storage? Is there enough demand to generate additional equipment demand?
- Scrap steel prices continue to increase during the recovery. How might these unexpected retirements affect utilization and rates for rail shippers?
- Rail freight activity has trended upwards recently as shippers look for cost-saving opportunities. Will the modal-shift momentum continue for rail and intermodal or will truck win the share back quickly?
- Port congestion and limited availability in the container market continue to drive rates higher for intermodal lanes. Will these climbing rates keep shippers from securing capacity on the intermodal networks or will the cost-savings entice them to make the shift?
REF Conference Day
- Update on the new and used equipment market
- Railcar valuation trends for 2021
- Railcar rental and lease market trends
- Discussion on key commodity car group demand such as sand, coal, plastics, grain, and tank cars
- Update on the new and used locomotive market
If your company needs answers to these questions and more, join us on September 17th for the 2021 FTR & REF Conference. We’re happy to be back, live and in-person, bringing you the actionable intelligence that you need to navigate the post-pandemic recovery. Only the FTR Transportation Conference combines the top executives from the industry’s biggest names with the most reliable transportation forecasts from our award-winning Freight•cast forecasting methodology. You’ll leave with tactical ideas to improve your business immediately as well as the confidence to strategically plan for the future.