- Refund Deadline: Monday, August 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST
- Last Date to Request Invoiced Registration: Monday, August 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST
- (Registrations after this date require payment at the time of the registration.)
- Invoiced Registration Payment Due Date: Monday, August 26, 2019 at 5:00 PM EST
- Pre-Conference Registration Close Date: Sunday, September 8, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
All registrants are encouraged to pay online at the time of registration. Registrants who choose to be invoiced must pay registration, activity, and event fees by the “Invoiced Registration Payment Due Date” in the Important Dates section in order to avoid cancellation. Registrations made after “Last Date to Request Invoiced Registration” will require online payment at the time of registration.
Event Cancellation by FTR
Freight Transportation Research (FTR) reserves the right to cancel an event due to low enrollment or other circumstances which would make the event non-viable. Cancellation of an event will be at the sole discretion of FTR. If FTR cancels an event, registrants will be offered a full refund. Should circumstances arise that result in the postponement of an event, FTR has the right to either issue a full refund or transfer registration to the same event at the new, future date. FTR will not be responsible for reimbursement of any participant’s expenses related to the cancellation or postponement of an event.
Deadline to request a refund for your registration is the “Refund Deadline” listed in the Important Dates section. Registration cancellations received prior to the Refund Deadline may be eligible to receive a refund less a $200 service fee. Cancellations will be accepted by email only and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline. Send cancellation email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR A REFUND:
- Conference Bundle registration or product
- Golf Fees
Cancellations received after the stated deadline will not be eligible for a refund. No shows for an event will not receive a refund or credit towards future event(s). All refund requests must be made by the registered attendee or credit card holder and include the name of the attendee and/or transaction number. Refunds will be issued via the original payment method used or by check, no later than (30) days after cancellation has been approved. Email cancellation requests to email@example.com.
Substitution of registration (same type: member/non-member) is permitted. Only one substitution is permitted per original registrant with written consent. The individual submitting the substitution request is responsible for all financial obligations associated with that substitution as well as updating any contact/demographic information. Please email substitution requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. FTR will attempt to update event materials to reflect substitutions of attendees, but we do not guarantee the timeliness or completeness of such updates.
On-site registration is strongly discouraged and may cause a delay in receiving conference materials, such as access to the event app. On-site registrations will be accepted for an additional $250 service fee. Pre-conference registration ends on the “Pre-Conference Registration Close Date” listed in the Important Dates Section.
FTR provides a professional environment for discussing relevant issues to our industry. We appreciate differences of opinions and realize that these diverse viewpoints make us stronger as an industry. We believe that ideas can best be discussed in an open and respectful environment.
We strive to deliver an event that is welcoming to everyone, however, we cannot control the behavior of other guests (invited or uninvited) and attendees. If other people become a disturbance, we will ask them to leave. FTR will not be responsible for the behavior of others, failing to ask people to leave, or failing to force people to leave. Attendees assume the risk of being in a public building with other attendees and any repercussions thereof. Attendees are responsible for their own behavior and safety.
All participants must behave in a professional manner. Unprofessional behavior, including disruptive, combative, or harassing behavior, will not be tolerated, and attendees and sponsors who engage in such behavior will be asked to behave professionally or leave the conference venue, at the sole discretion of the FTR Staff. Failure to follow the direction of FTR or venue staff may result in forceful removal from the conference venue without any refund.
Facilities / Valuables
Internet connectivity may be available to you, but we cannot guarantee the security or availability of your connection. Your use of the connection constitutes your assumption of all associated risks.
FTR will make reasonable attempts to ensure a safe and secure venue for every event. If a safety or security issue arises, attendees must alert an FTR staff member. FTR will notify the venue staff. FTR will not be responsible for injury or loss due to the negligence of the venue or their agent.
Attendees recognize that events are held in venues that are not quarantined from the general public, and as such, members of the public may be present. FTR is not responsible for the behavior or presence of members of the public.
All attendees should use good judgement in securing their belongings and should not leave valuables unattended. FTR is not responsible for lost or stolen items. A courtesy luggage check, charging station, and hospitality areas are provided. While FTR attempts to keep these areas secure, FTR is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced items in these, or any other areas.
FTR prohibits solicitation of other attendees outside of specified locations and times for sponsors or vendors. Conducting market surveys, market research, or other solicitation without prior written approval of FTR is prohibited.
Forecasts contain forward looking statements that cannot be guaranteed. All forecasts should be used with caution and an understanding of their associated risks. FTR is not responsible for decisions made using provided forecasts or any other associated outcome.
FTR does not offer clients any type of legal advice, but we do want to draw your attention to common topics to avoid while here at an FTR sponsored event. It is your responsibility to avoid these topics, and any behavior which would violate any law or regulation. Common topics to avoid include:
- Rate, salary, or fee fixing of any type
- Agreed upon limits on capacity or volume
- Preferred or non-preferred customer determination or lists
- Division of customers based on any attribute including location, freight type, or other status
We also want to suggest that the terms of any agreements discussed by event attendees be reviewed by the attendee’s legal counsel prior to becoming binding. FTR does not provide legal advice of any kind, and every attendee’s legal situation is different.
This list is in no way considered comprehensive or binding. Rather, it is a reminder to everyone to play by the rules.
Accuracy of Information
FTR makes all attempts to vet speakers and content prior to every event, however, we cannot completely control speakers or their provided content. FTR does not guarantee the accuracy of any information provided by a speaker in their remarks or written content. If inaccurate information is found, a reasonable attempt will be made to correct the misinformation.
Intended Business Purpose
FTR does not warrant that any provided information is intended for a particular business purpose. All industry information should be used with professional judgement. FTR does not provide legal advice. All legal and business decisions should be discussed with your legal counsel prior to execution.
Speakers, Panelists, Moderators, and Sponsors (“Content Providers”) are bound by a separate agreement for Content Providers and are required to agree they will do the following:
- Comment on the industry, not on behalf of or against any particular business(es) and/or person(s).
- Remain professional. Do not intentionally provide inflammatory statements intended to incite a riot or disruption.
- Do not claim to represent FTR or the views of FTR.
- Do not claim FTR endorses your views.
- Be regarded as attendees for the event and abide by all attendee terms and conditions.
Attendees requesting registration as a media contact will be limited to 1 contact per media outlet, unless approved in advance by FTR. FTR reserves the right to determine if a media contact is appropriate.
Limitation on Liability
FTR will not be liable for any incidental, special, consequential, or indirect damages, including damages for interruption of business, loss of profits, and loss of time, as a result of conducting or not conducting an event. In no event will FTR’s aggregate cumulative liability for any and all claims arising out of or related to this agreement exceed the amounts paid by the attendee to attend the event.
- All terms and provisions of these Terms and Conditions will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted transferees, successors and assigns.
- These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter and supersede all previous communications, representations, understandings, and agreements, either oral or written, between the parties with respect to the subject matter of the event attendance. Content Providers have acknowledged an additional agreement to govern their attendance at the event.
- In the event of any inconsistency between any other document and these Terms and Conditions, these terms and conditions shall prevail.
- All agreements shall be governed by the laws of the State of Indiana. Any claims, legal proceedings, or litigation arising in connection with this agreement will be brought solely in the County of Monroe, State of Indiana, and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
- No modification of these Terms and Conditions or any contract shall be binding unless in writing and signed by both parties. If any provision herein is held to be unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall remain in full force and effect. All rights and remedies hereunder are cumulative.
[Version of Terms (Internal Use): FTR Event Registration Terms and Conditions – V1.2 – 2.28.19]